Thursday, April 19, 2018

Clothes Fit for a King and Queen, Morgan Bible Style

I had the honor of working on an outfit for TRM's Gareth & Juliana this past fall.  The project ate my life, and somehow I forgot to blog about it. 

I proposed the Morgan Bible outfits and both of them liked the designs so we went ahead.  All garments have extant supporting garments, though heavy modifications were made both to bring things more in line with the manuscript and due to budget constraints.  My team was excellent, and I'm very happy with the finished results.

You can read the documentation for the Morgan Bible Royal Wardrobe here.

My personal contributions were research & pattern making, cutting and machine sewing, some hand sewing on the tunic & gown, 52 little red dots with couched silver embroidery thread on Gareth's cloak, the hose,  belts and sewing the trim on their cloaks.  I also made some fingerloop braids for ties as there was a mix-up in delivery.  I love her beaded belt most, but Silvester's trim takes the cake on these outfits.





No comments:

Post a Comment